At some point marketers become infatuated with marketing automation. Before we dive into the reasons why, let’s first take a look at what it’s all about.
Marketing automation is about using software to automate marketing actions. These are usually repetitive functions like e-mails, social media, and a few other web tasks. The technology used to automate these actions makes it easier. They also help nurture prospects with highly specialised content that helps them move along the sales funnel and eventually convert.
Assuming you’re using it right, it’s bound to work out quite well. Here are 5 reasons why:
- Time: The most obvious benefit is the time saved since your staff don’t have to sit on these tasks any longer, but just occasionally pop their head in to see if all is going smooth.
- Fecundity: By automating you are simplifying the routine (not to mention mundane) organisational and marketing tasks. This gets those tasks done quickly and effectively, and frees up time for your staff to focus on the more exacting manual tasks. This makes the process productive.
- Workflow operation: Tasks done manually always have room for error. Automated tasks, however, ensure a smoother run. Marketing automation means an automated workflow that ties up not just your marketing tactics (CTAs, conversion pages, mailers, contact lists etc.) but also internal processes like budgeting and planning, and systematizes everything.
- Platform agnostic: The brilliant part is that these automating tools are operable on various marketing channels – e-mail, social media, CRM, SEO etc. It acts as a centralised hub for all the activities carried out.
- Customer retention: While it’s important to get new customers and expand your demographics, it is a tad more important – and incidentally, 6x less expensive – to retain the existing ones, because they are the lifeblood of the business. Automation tools provide intelligence and insight to personalise the relationship. This helps understand and predict customer needs, accordingly tailor strategies to cater to them, monitor the success or failure at resonating with them, and create customer satisfaction. Happy customers pass on the word to others.
Think of how much more you can achieve by automating your marketing! And the return on your initial investments and overall increase in revenue you will see can’t be looked at lightly. So what are you waiting for?